Are you missing the signs?
Do you own a business or are you in a leadership role?
Are you missing vital signs in the workplace that affect work ethic, morale, atmosphere and the general flow of day to day tasks?
It might be time to learn how to look out for and flag these signs. Putting practises in place to overcome them will allow for your employees and the business to function to the best of their abilities.
What should I be looking for?
If the environment in your workplace isn't fostering a great work ethic and productivity then you may be bleeding money. If employees are spending their day doing the bare minimum because they aren't motivated to complete tasks, it becomes a negative situation for everyone.
Signs of an unhappy employee include:
- Poor attitude
- Refusal to cooperate/collaborate
- Lack of care
- Rejecting opportunities
- Isolating themselves
If you notice these signs, you might want to look into ways you can boost workplace morale and in turn boost motivation and productivity.
These may include:
- Appointing a trusted, respected and approachable leader that employees would be happy to work with.
- Developing a positive workplace culture
- Incorporating an incentive scheme and giving recognition
- Providing staff with the right tools to complete their work to a high standard.
- Having efficient procedures in place so that each day runs smoothly
If you've put these practices into action and have had minimal positive outcomes then it might mean it's time for a bigger change. There are a few steps you can take to determine what the next best step will be:
- Get in touch with a business coach or advisor such as Helix Planning. Our Business Acumen Gauge allows you to map, measure, and manage leadership and organisational performance.
- Gain employee feedback. You could do this via a survey or a team lunch.
- Establish new and clear goals and communicate these to the team.
- Implement small but beneficial changes. These might include rearranging the office, decluttering or providing storage.
Keep In Mind
When making changes in your workplace stay open-minded. You need to be willing to try new things and consider new ideas. You should also be mindful of the emotions of everyone involved. These traits can give you the upper hand during the adjustment process.
We know work can be stressful. Sometimes we need to pause and make sure we are okay and that our team is thriving. When was the last time you checked in with yourself and your team?
If you'd like to know more about how Helix Planning can support you while improving your business, contact us here.